Every dog, regardless of age, owned or harbored in New York State for longer than 30 days must be licensed in the town, city, or village where the dog is being harbored. The only license exemptions are as follows:
- If the dog is less than four months of age and not running-at-large (off the owner’s premises)
- If a non-resident brings a dog into New York State for less than 30 days and the dog is licensed according to the resident's state licensing laws
- Dogs confined to the premises of any public or private hospital, research institution or a "Class A Dealer" with a certificate of exemption from the commissioner.
- Local Animal Law - Town of Mamaroneck's local law regarding pets and animals (including dogs)
- Obtaining a Dog License
Download and complete the "Dog License Application" below. The application outlines all the documentation you’ll need to provide, along with fee information and submission instructions.
Each licensed dog will be assigned a permanent official identification number and issued a metal identification tag which is to be attached to the dog’s collar.
- Dog License Application - Town of Mamaroneck & Village of Larchmont - Apply for a dog license; includes information and instructions
Renewing a Dog License
Each dog license is valid for one year. License renewal forms will be mailed directly to the dog owner by the Mamaroneck Town Clerk's Office by the first day of the month that your license is due to expire.
To learn more, visit NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets "NYS Dog Licensing Programs".