The Town of Mamaroneck is responsible for the maintenance of several unique conservation areas. All conservation areas are open to the public from dawn to dusk.
Please protect our natural areas by following these rules:
- No littering or dumping.
- Leaves, grass clippings, branches, and organic waste should not be dumped in these areas. For information on disposing of organic waste, please follow the guidelines in the Garbage, Rubbish and Recycling Collections brochure.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Please pick up after your dog. Pet waste pollutes our streams and beaches.
- Sorry, bicycles are not permitted.
- No paintball guns, airsoft guns or pellet guns.
- The destruction of plants and trees is prohibited.
- No planting of flowers, trees, or bushes.
- As always:
- NO hunting, fishing, camping, vandalism, graffiti, alcoholic beverages, fires, or motor vehicles.
Conservation Areas (click on links for additional information)
Hommocks Conservation Area - Entrance on Hommocks Road, 7.6 acres; 3 acres tidal wetlands
Larchmont Reservoir - James G. Johnson, Jr. Conservancy - Entrances on Weaver Street, Dennis Drive (off of Quaker Ridge Road), and on Pinebrook Boulevard, 12.76 acres in Town; 60 acres total
Leatherstocking Trail - Access from Rock Ridge Rd., Old White Plains Rd, Country Rd, Fenimore Rd, Avon Rd, Winged Foot Drive Stratford Rd, Highland Rd, Weaver Street, Rouken Glen, Bonnie Way, Knollwood Drive, and Pine Brook Blvd., 31 acres; 6 acres freshwater wetlands
Colonial Greenway - A scenic 15-mile nature trail that connects 8 Local and County parks in the Town of Mamaroneck, Village of Mamaroneck, Scarsdale, Eastchester and New Rochelle.
Premium River Conservation Area Complex - Entrance off Dillon Road, 10 acres; 8 acres tidal wetlands
Sheldrake River Trails - Enter from Rockland Avenue, Winged Foot Drive, and Hilltop Road, 24 acres; 7 acres freshwater wetlands
Other Conservation Areas -
- Sether Woods Conservation Area, Durham Road
- Old Mill Site, Hilltop Road