A building permit is required for any construction, alteration, or addition work. A building permit may also be required for repair work, depending on the nature of the repair.
1. A completed Building Permit Application, which will include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the owner and/or applicant and all contractors.
2. A completed Environmental Assessment Short Form.
3. Architectural plans, stamped and signed by a N.Y.S. licensed Architect or Professional Engineer. Please provide (1) of each, in the following formats:
(1) Full size set
(1) 11x17 size set
(1) Set in PDF format on CD-ROM.
*For central air conditioning and generators (2) copies of specs may be submitted in place of architectural plans.
4. One (1) copy of a property survey showing all existing conditions.
5. Contractor’s Certificate of Liability listing the Town of Mamaroneck as the Certificate Holder and Additional Insured.
6. Worker’s Compensation Insurance: Contractor’s with employees: New York State Workmen's Compensation Certificate or Contractors with NO employees: New York State Certificate of Attestation CE-200 (file at: www.wcb.state.ny.us) or Property owners (who will be performing all work): Waiver of Insurance (available at Building Dept.) signed and notarized.
7. Westchester County Home Improvement License.
NOTICE TO ALL CONTRACTORS AND PERMIT APPLICANTS:
Please be advised, under new state & municipal laws, the workers’ compensation and disability benefits insurance must be submitted on separate state approved forms. The standard "Acord Forms" are not acceptable proof of workers’ compensation coverage. Further information or questions may be answered by calling the N.Y.S. Bureau of Compliance at (518) 486-6307 or by visiting their website: www.wcb.state.ny.us or by contacting the insurance provider.
8. A completed Tree Permit Application if trees are to be removed. The application will provide further information.
9. Application for Surface Water, Erosion and Sediment Control to be filed with the Building Permit Application (applies if you are adding more than 100 sq. ft. of impervious surface).
It can take from two (2) to four (4) weeks for the review of an application and plans. Permit fees are fixed when the application is approved.
** RENEWAL FEE: A FEE EQUAL TO THE NOW CURRENT CHARGED PERMIT FEE WILL BE DUE IF THE PERMIT IS NOT COMPLETED WITHIN ONE YEAR. (2) SIX MONTH EXTENSIONS MAY BE REQUESTED FROM THIS OFFICE.
For Building Permit Filing Fees please see:
Permit applications should be prepared using the Property Information Portal's
Online Permit System.
For more information about building permits, please contact the Building Department at (914) 381-7830.
The Building Department, located on the second floor of the Town Center (Rm 208), is open weekdays:
Labor Day through Memorial Day
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Memorial Day through Labor Day
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The Building Department administers and enforces regulations pertaining to the use of property and the construction of buildings. It reviews plans and conducts field inspections to ensure compliance with various local, state and federal codes and …more ›
Ronald A. Carpaneto
Director of Building Code Enforcement & Land Use Administration